Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our first week in Room 9

Happy Sunday!
I made it through my first three days in the classroom! :) 

I wanted to share a few of the things we created this week. The first three days were spent just getting to know each other, our expectations, and procedures, and getting to know the new school campus. We introduced some place value review and I was very pleased with how well the kiddos did. We will take our place value pre-test on Friday of this coming week. I have confidence that the kiddos will do well.

This week is our first full week of school! Monday and Tuesday are testing days for the Galileo pre-test. We also will be doing some BRI testing instead of the DRA so we can level and group our students for guided reading next week. 

I spent some time introducing Daily five to the kiddos this week. We focused mostly on "Read to Self" and they LOVED it! I am so thrilled to have a group of kiddos so interested in reading!


Our first day of tweeting! :) The kiddos LOVED It. My management of it was not very controlled and it took us WAY too long. This is going to be an on-going trial and error experiment until we get it just right. HOWEVER, I was touched to see their tweets, and hope they still love me after a few weeks! :) 



Our class declaration. I really wanted to focus on teaching the students that learning and third grade are going to be fun! We are going to try our best and that's all that I can ever ask of them! 


We read Agate as a class read aloud, and discusses adjectives that describe who we are. This was VERY difficult but I loved seeing how they described themselves. I want to keep these in a file for them, and possibly re-do the activity at the end of the year to see how their perspective changes. 






We broke down the four classroom rules together and talked about what they meant, and added words and phrases to remind us how to be responsible, respectful, safe, and how to do our best! 

My personal favorites!!! :) I can't wait to see how much they change for the last day of third grade! :) 


Happy second week of school! Have a great week!


~Sammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment