Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review Week

We had a very busy week reviewing all that we have learned this first quarter in room 9. We have come a very long way since that first day of school. We have said goodbye to 2 friends, and welcomed 2 new ones (maybe, even 3 starting on Monday). :) 
We have become excellent tweeters, on our way to expert tweeters. I can't wait to introduce #hashtags next week! It's going to be so much fun!
We have started to explore and become better ipad users. We are also LOVING xtra math, and information was sent home this week so that the kiddos can access and practice those math facts at home! 
We spent some time this week talking again about being proud of who you are, and not ashamed. Only, this time we talked about facing our fears, and doing things that sometimes make us nervous. We also talked about not being afraid to share what we know, and how it is expected that we talk when people are talking to us. I gave the kids quite a challenge on Friday and I am so very proud of what they were eventually able to do. Below is our edited iMovie video of fiction vs. nonfiction. We will continue working on this over the next week or two, and will work in smaller groups and will create even better videos to explain the difference between fiction and nonfiction. BUT, getting these kids to talk on camera was quite the task. 


I have signed the class up for THREE Mystery Skypes in the next few weeks. This is going to be very challenging for them, and we have a lot of work and practice to do before we will be ready, but I am SO excited to watch them grow through this project. We are doing some pretty cool things in room 9, and I am determined to share my love for learning with this Phoenix world! 


Have a great week, see you after testing! 


PS. Speaking of fears --- here is me facing one of my fears... I jumped from a 50 foot cliff a few weekends ago! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment